Product Development Experience
- Developed new products such as wheel chair accessories for Sunrise Medical Inc. (resulting in $500,000 in sales annually), airplane fuselage cable supports for The Boeing Company ($25,000 annually), created specialized straps for BREG, Inc.; Using SolidWorks, designed hardware such as a nylon buckle for Bestop, Inc.
- Wrote trial procedures and managed trials for new product development and followed trial through completion for various products such as Double-Faced Loop, Printed Qwik-Tie® and One-wrap®, knits with low-weight add on binder coats.
- Designed and modified designs using AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Created component and assembly drawings, maintaining geometric dimensioning and tolerancing for manufactured products and revised according to Engineering Change Notices.
- Sourced and negotiated with vendors to qualify new materials necessary for production.
- Set up and ran various machines to include the Branson Ultrasonic welder, industrial sewing machines, RF welding machine, punch press, and clicker press to create prototypes.
- Formatted customer artwork for use with printing on straps using Siat® machines, printed poly-bags on Autobag® bagging machines and shipping labels using Zebra® printers.
- Worked with test lab for testing customer materials and compatibility with Velcro USA Inc. products; such as peel strength of foam laminates with different hook styles. Executed adhesive tests on different substrates, cycle life, etc. Researched ASME procedures.
- Interfaced with various domestic and international divisions on development of new products.
- Maintained records and updated procedures to comply with ISO/TS 16949, ISO 9001 and FDA requirements.